2014 Wrap-Up

Modern Driver Institute was founded in April 2014, but officially opened its doors to clients on September 15, 2014, the day we received licensure as a private driving school from the Pennsylvania Department of Education.

During that final 100 days of 2014, MDI accepted 25 clients for behind-the-wheel training, as well as two students for private theory tutoring.  The map above shows a representation of where those 25 students live.

During the first 100 days:

  • 36% of students completed the training and took their license exam.
  • 100% of those students passed on their first try.
  • 100% of private theory students took and passed their knowledge test to receive their learner’s permit.
  • 64% of students were male, 36% were female.
  • 52% of students were 18 or older, 48% were ages 16-17.
  • 60% of students had autism or anxiety, 40% were neurotypical.
  • 8% of students already possessed a driver’s license, while 92% operated on a learner’s permit.
  • Students averaged a total of 8.44 hours of instruction time and 146.76 miles driven during their lessons.

The students who tested did so at the PennDOT Driver License Centers in Dublin, Huntingdon Valley and Malvern.  57% used the MDI Volvo for their test, while the other 43% used their own family vehicle.  While we’re certainly proud of our students for this, the real test is yet to come.

Modern Driver Institute tracks the performance of all students via the PennDOT driver records database as well as interviews.  At 6-month and 12-month intervals from their date of licensure, we’ll run their official driving report.  Our hope is that all of our students go their first year with no crashes and no tickets.

Driver performance records for all of our students will be published to this website (anonymously, of course – no identifying personal data will be displayed) every quarter, beginning in March 2015.

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Please prove that you're human. * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.